Medicine practitioners and scientists continuously work at the crossroads of ethical dilemmas, targeting to strike the right balance between the advancement of science and technology and their responsibility towards society. The ethical issues are constantly soaring with the newer developments in life sciences, biotechnology, medicine, and their increasing co-relation with politics, law, and philosophy disciplines. This is gravely concerning for researchers as even a minor violation of the ethical principles can have detrimental consequences. This webinar aims to aid researchers in broadening the scope of their ethical evaluation and simultaneously analyzing the morality of their actions that may result in both, benefiting or harming the society.
Through this session, researchers will have increased understanding about:
- Bioethics and bioethical principles
- Organizations involved in policy-making and upholding of the bioethical principles
- Major ethical issues in life sciences research
- Major ethical issues faced by healthcare providers
- Useful resources for finding bioethics information
About the Speaker
Dr. Nathan Nobis, Ph.D.
- An established philosophy professor with numerous publications including acclaimed books, book reviews, research articles, etc. to his name, Dr. Nobis has more than 10 years of enriching experience in the field of philosophy.
- Dr. Nobis completed his Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Rochester and continued to pursue his philosophical interest in Applied or Practical Ethics, Ethical Theory, and Critical Thinking.
- He is currently associated with Morehouse College, Atlanta as an Associate Professor of Philosophy. Additionally, Dr. Nobis is also serving as an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Community Health & Preventive Medicine at Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Furthermore, Dr. Nobis is the Editor-in-Chief of 1000-Word Philosophy: An Introductory Anthology, a website hosting original essays on a wide range of philosophical issues, and editor of several peer-reviewed journals including Between the Species: A Journal of Ethics & Animals.
- He is also affiliated with Georgia Philosophical Society and American Philosophical Association, American Association of Philosophy Teachers, and many other esteemed organizations.